Pros and Cons of SiteGround Web Hosting
Web hosting have always been a confusing issue with whoever wants to host a website for the first time; out of plenty of companies the newbies barely get to choose the first one with much accuracy. SiteGround has been serving in the web hosting industry for more than a decade now, and their reputation is very good if that’s anyone’s concern. SiteGround is a UK based company with great features like a range of practical shared hosting plans, dedicated servers, VPS and cloud hosting etc. There are great competitors against the market share of SiteGround, but no other has exactly the solutions that SiteGround provides.
Pricing and Plans
The pricing and plans are much different from SiteGround; they have three tiers in each shared and dedicated hosting plans. Features offered in the shared hosting plans are quite cheap, you can try SiteGround coupons to get 70% off. Here’s a simple breakdown of the shared and dedicated hosting plans.
Shared Hosting Plans
There are three tiers offered in the SiteGround shared hosting plans; the initial tier is StartUp, basically designed to provide the newbies with a great start in web hosting. The monthly fee for this plan is $6.95/month. One website domain is included within this plan and bandwidth for 10,000 monthly visits is allocated. For $9.95/month the GrowBig plan is the mid-tier. There are multiple domain allocation, 20 GB of hard drive space and bandwidth for around 25,000 monthly visits. The highest tier plan costs $14.95/month and the features are 30 GB HDD space, multiple website domains, 100,000 monthly visits etc.
Dedicated Web Hosting Plans
Three tiers are available for the dedicated plans as well – Entry Server, Power Server and Enterprise Server. These titles are self-explanatory; yet a brief description should be provided –
- Entry Server: Computer infrastructures under the Entry Server plan are built on Intel Xeon E3-1230 quad core CPU. 5 TB monthly bandwidth and 4 GB DDR3 RAM is provided on each system for $229/month.
- Power Server: The CPU on these servers are Intel Xeon E3-1270 quad core with 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SATA II HDD and 5 TB bandwidth. The monthly fees for the Power Servers are $329/month.
- Enterprise Server: The highest tier of dedicated servers from SiteGround service offers 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620 CPU with 16GB DDR3 RAM and 4×500 GB SATA II hard drives, or RAID 10. Monthly bandwidth for this plan is 5 TB, and the price is $429/month.
Pros and Cons
So apparently, the pricing is very much user friendly and so it the user interface and management, as per the user reviews on the internet. What are the pros and cons of the service, ever recorded so far?
- SiteGround web hosting plans are integrated with CloudFare; thus all the plans are more secured and provides better performance.
- SiteGround takes automatic backups of user data.
- Users are at liberty to choose their server locations.
- Customer care has always received appreciation.
- The hard drive space on all shared and dedicated plans are on the lower side.
- Shared hosting plans aren’t offered on month-to-month basis.
- Only Linux OS based, no Windows option.
By exact figures, comparison between the price and the features might seem slightly overpriced; but the perfect customer service and solid security are something totally worth of the added amount.